We’re looking for someone who colors outside the lines. Our marketing content is unique, experimental, and sometimes outrageous. Ever heard of a little ‘ole thing called results-oriented direct marketing? You’ll never catch us producing content we “like” but instead content that WORKS. Every multi-step, multi-media marketing campaign is tracked, tested, and then tweaked. We never met a Dan Kennedy marketing philosophy we didn’t like.
So, set down your wand and tell us… Does this sound like you?
- You have a passion for both content and design, and an understanding of how they work together
- You enjoy a consistent, sometimes intense workload and can work on multiple projects at once
- You often don’t consider your work to be “work”
- You can kill your darlings (and allow others to kill your darlings) in the name of producing results
- You can give and receive feedback, especially with your own creative work (no easy task for a human… good thing you’re a wizard!)
- You thrive in a small business culture with minimal structure and lots of responsibility
- You think the #1 sin in marketing is being BORING, so you’re often caught adding a little chutzpah to your copy
- You are passionate about learning and devour podcasts, books, online tutorials, conferences, etc.
- You can work on deadline and know when a project is “good enuf”
- You like to work independently without being micro-managed
- This makes sense to your inner copywriter: “The #1 reason why someone buys a hearing aid isn’t so they can hear better. It’s so they can keep their kids from putting them in a nursing home.”
- You know that being a modern marketer (and part of a small, close-knit team) means having a diverse set of skills, and you are willing to wear many hats in order to get the job done. Sometimes this means stepping way outside of your normal job responsibilities.
If any of this makes your brain buzz, you could be our Gandalf. We are looking for a copywriting wizard and design ninja to join our 3-person marketing team consisting of a Marketing Sorceress (head of strategy), a Head Unicorn Wrangler & Content Alchemist (coordinates our team and produces rad content) and a Data Automation Ninja (responsible for all things tech).
Want to know why our team rocks? We get a kick out of:
- Working remotely (but being willing and able to travel to Reno a few times per year is a HUGE plus!)
- Choosing our own working hours and vacation days
- The flexibility to workout in the middle of the day, take a day off to ski, or go to lunch with a friend
- The freedom to bring our own ideas to fruition quickly in a small business environment
- A culture of trust and self-management (No one standing behind our backs watching us work!)
- Working independently (often in our PJs) but having a tight-knit team with a multitude of talents to brainstorm and collaborate with whenever you are creatively stuck
- Being constantly challenged to solve unique and complex problems
- The opportunity to wear many hats because every day is something different
As our Creative Juicer, your primary responsibilities would include:
- Being the master creator and keeper of the multiple, diverse, and ever-evolving marketing messages for our different businesses (each with their own uniquely crafted “voice”)
- Creating lead magnets, whitepapers, eBooks, etc. for multi-step, multi-media campaigns
- Writing original content and editing content written by others (emails, blog posts, newsletters, mobile app content, etc.)
- Writing the copy for newsletter ads, radio ads, PPC ads, social media campaigns, etc.
- Producing print materials such as postcards, handouts, brochures, and newsletters
- Designing landing pages that convert
- Collaborating with the Marketing Sorceress, Head Unicorn Wrangler, and CEO to produce high-quality content on a deadline
- Taking long brainstorming conversations (consisting of a myriad of ideas, concepts, and possible marketing content) and magically spin it into cohesive and persuasive gold
Now you’re thinking, “Aren’t these people going to tell me what programs I need to be skilled in?!” In case you’re wondering, we use programs like InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, the Microsoft Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Zapier, but you do NOT need to be fluent in these programs at your time of hire ― just willing to teach yourself how to use them. Plus, we aren’t a stickler for any one program and will switch depending on what is most efficient and effective.
Are you our conjurer of results-driven copy and design?
This is a full-time, salaried position. Starting pay depends on what you bring to the table. Hughes Private Capital does not provide traditional benefits, unless you count loving your job as a benefit! Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (with both writing and design samples) to Jobs@HughesCapital.com. Mention your favorite book when you send in your cover letter. That way I know you really did read through this ridiculously good looking I mean, long, job description.
You can learn more about some of our businesses here:
Wizards aren’t real but rockstar team members are. We can’t wait to meet you 🙂
Hughes Private Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.